Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rakta Charitra: True story?


Rakta Charitra: True story?


Ever since director RGV announced that his forthcoming bilingual Rakta Charitra, starring Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi in the lead, would be about rebel-turned politician Paritala Ravi, one of the most feared individuals in the blood-ridden faction politics of South India, many have been left wondering whether it is actually based on the True story?


Ever since director Ram Gopal Varma announced that his forthcoming bilingual Rakta Charitra, starring Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi in the lead, would be about rebel-turned politician Paritala Ravi (one of the most feared individuals in the blood-ridden faction politics of South India), many have been left wondering whether it is actually based on true incidents or is a mixture of fiction and facts as in Company, supposedly based on underworld dons Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Rajan. So what does RGV say?


"People ask me whether Rakta Charitra is a true story. I tell them it is a true story in my perception. The reason I say this is that the events which happened in such secrecy when told by the various concerned and related people after such a long time are bound to have different perspectives, not to mention their individual agendas. So for me as a neutral guy, I have to read and understand between the lines to decide what could be the nearest truth from my perception. So in the process of getting closest to the truth, I became a journalist, a detective and a psycho-analyst.” Ram Gopal Varma reveals through his blog.


He further adds, "Rakta Charitra for me is not only a career defining film; it is going to be a life changer for me as I know that I can never be the same again in my life with the kind of insights I have developed into the hitherto unknown recesses of such extreme human beings who were shaped thus by even more extreme events. I have never known as much drama ever as there is in Rakta Charitra from all my previous knowledge of books, movies, people, etc. and this additional growth in me is going to surely erase my history of filmmaking."

No comments:

Post a Comment